The Maple Leaf
Welcome to your houseboat holiday aboard the Maple Leaf, which was purpose built and designed in New Zealand. Ideal for a secluded trip on one of New Zealand's best kept secrets, the Whangaroa Harbour.
The Maple Leaf is 12.8m long x 4.8 meters wide. It sleeps up to 8 people and features the following:
- A large cabin area
- A master cabin with a double bed and a child's berth
- Two single bunks
- In the main cabin are one single devan and a double fold out couch.
- A bathroom with a shower, vanity & eco-friendly toilet.
- Solar Panels which provides 12V power for lights
- Full Kitchen: 2 burner gas hob, gas fridge, pots, pans, plates, cups, glasses, wine glasses, paper towels, rubbish bags, dishcloths, detergent and cleaners, tea towels
- A fully equipped galley with fridge, two burner stove, cutlery, crockery, pots and pans.
- BBQ and spare LPG cylinders
- Lectrasan waste management system
- Electric Anchor Winch, spare anchor
- Twin 40 hp 2 stroke outboard motors
- Full Safety Equipment: lifejackets, fire-extinguishers, flares, torch etc.
- VHF Radio
- Dinghy with outboard motor
- 2 sit on top Kayaks with paddles
- Buckets, brooms, mop
- Charts and Instructions
- Board games: Ludo, Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit, Draughts, Dominoes, CardsBooks & Magazines
- FM/AM Radio with AUX input
While accommodating for 8 we recommend a maximum 6 adults. A couple is great, 2 couples is perfect, 3 couples is fine.... any more and it's not worth it unless you are a family group with a couple of small children and you don't mind mucking in. Sleeping Bags for family groups will give you simple options for sleeping of a larger group.
We provide all linen blankets, duvets, pillows, sheets. and 2 towels. We recommend you bring more towels if you are in a larger family group.